Our aircraft is a Mk. lllB (Serial # 18126) that served with No. 440 RCAF "Bat" Squadron at Bagotville, Quebec in 1953. It was converted to become a Mk.lllD dual control trainer in 1955 and assigned to No. 3 Operational Training Unit at North Bay, Ontario. It is one of the oldest surviving CF-100 in the world.
In 1963 it was acquired and displayed by No. 783 Wing (Calgary) RCAF Association and was eventually donated to the Aero Space Museum. It is painted black to resemble the paint scheme on the first CF-100 prototype.
It is currently undergoing restoration off-site in Wetaskiwin, AB thanks to the support from our community and the City of Calgary.