HISTORY OF THE 140
The Cessna 140 is a twin-seat light utility aircraft produced from 1946 until 1951. The aircraft features fabric covered wings with a metal fuselage and metal control surfaces. The Cessna 140 was used as a recreational civil aircraft immediately following the Second World War. The Cessna 140 was part of a class of Aircraft produced by Cessna that included the 140, 120 and A140.
The Cessna 140 was a favourite of aviation enthusiasts following the war, as it featured conventional landing gear, including a tail wheel. The 140 was especially popular because it featured flaps, rear side windows and a full electrical system. The 140 was also used extensively as a training aircraft through the 1950s and 60s.